Maryland Robotics Center
Dr. Tubaldi is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Maryland, College Park. Prior to this appointment, she has been for two years an Assistant Professor at University of Arizona in the Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering and obtained, in the same university, a second appointment in the Department of Applied Mathematics GIDP.
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, McGill University, 2017
- MS, Aerospace Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal, 2013
- MS, Aeronautical Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, 2013
- BS, Aerospace Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, 2010
Awards and Honors
- 2014 – 2016 Doctoral Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students FRQNT (Fonds de recherche du Québec -Nature et technologies)
- 2014 – 2015 Qatar Foundation Fellowship
- 2013 – 2016 McGill Engineering Doctoral Award (MEDA). Faculty of Engineering, McGill University
- 2013 – 2016 Werner Graupe International Fellowship in Engineering. Antje Graupe Pryor Foundation
- 2011 – 2013 Italian Government Scholarship for Italian students in Canadian Universities
- 2010 XXIV Merit Award BCC Bachelor's Degree
- 2018 – Today Associated Editor for Mechanics Based Design of Structures and Machines: An International Journal
- 2018 – 2020 Track Co-Organizer International Undergraduate Research, Design Expo and Poster Competition at ASME IMECE
- 2018 – Today Member of the ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) Dynamics & Control System & Structures (DCSS) Technical Committee
Dr. Tubaldi research interests sit at the interface of fluid-structure interaction, soft materials, nonlinear dynamics for applications in biomechanics, prosthetic design, nonlinear mechanical metamaterials, and soft robotics.
Nonlinear Dynamics and Vibrations
Design of Vascular Grafts
ENME361: Vibration, Controls and Optimization I
M. Amabili*, P. Balasubramanian, G. Ferrari, G. Franchini, F. Giovanniello, E. Tubaldi*, Identification of Viscoelastic Proerties of Dacron Aortic Grafts Subjected to Physiological Pulsatile Flow, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials (2020), In Press.
G. Librandi, E. Tubaldi*, K. Bertoldi*, Snapping of hinged arches under displacement control: strength loss and non-reciprocity, Physical Review E (2020), In Press.
G. Ferrari, P. Balasubramanian, E. Tubaldi, F. Giovanniello, M. Amabili, Dynamic behaviour of a Dacron aortic graft in a Mock circulatory loop, Journal of Biomechanics 86 (2019), 132-140. (Click here)
M. Amabili, P. Balasubramanian, I. Breslavky, G. Ferrari, E. Tubaldi, Viscoelastic characterization of woven Dacron by using direction-dependent quasi-linear viscoelasticity, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 82 (2018), 282-290. (Click here)
E. Tubaldi, M. Amabili, M.P. Païdoussis, Nonlinear dynamics of Dacron aortic prosthesis conveying pulsatile flow, ASME Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 140 (2018), 061004. (Click here)
E. Tubaldi, M. Amabili, M.P. Païdoussis, Nonlinear dynamics of shells conveying pulsatile flow with pulse-wave propagation. Theory and numerical results for a single harmonic pulsation, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 396 (2017) 217-245. (Click here)
E. Tubaldi, M. Amabili, M.P. Païdoussis, Fluid–structure interaction for nonlinear response of shells conveying pulsatile flow, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 371 (2016) 252-276. (Click here)
E.Tubaldi, M.Amabili, F.Alijani, Nonlinear vibrations of plates in axial pulsating flow, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 56 (2015) 33-55. (Click here)
E. Tubaldi, F. Alijani, M. Amabili, Non-linear vibrations and stability of a periodically supported rectangular plate in axial flow, International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, 66 (2014) 54-65. (Click here)
E. Tubaldi, M. Amabili, Vibrations and stability of a periodically supported rectangular plate immersed in axial flow, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 39 (2013) 391-407. (Click here)
* Corresponding author