Schedule and information
If you are planning to bring individual students, a group of students, or young children to Maryland Robotics Day, you need to be aware of a few things. Please read this page carefully! Register here
When should you arrive?
• We have designed this year's event in two tracks. The student track is in the morning and has activities specifically geared towards students. Students and school groups should NOT attend the afternoon session, which is for industry and government professionals.
• We suggest you arrive on campus between 9:30 and 10:00 a.m. Our robotics labs and demonstrations will open for visitors at 10, but you'll want a few minutes to visit our information table, pick up some maps, and get directions and guidance.
Where should you go first?
• Maryland Robotics Day starts in the Jeong H. Kim Engineering Building on the University of Maryland campus in College Park.
Special notes on visiting the laboratories
• Our laboratories house expensive and fragile equipment. In addition, some of our robotic environments, such as our 367,000-gallon neutral buoyancy water tank, can be hazardous places. Our facilities were not designed with children in mind. We count on parents and teachers to make sure children and youth are safe, supervised and in control at all times.
• Most of our labs are small. If your group has more than five students, you will need to bring enough adult chaperones so that you can split up into smaller groups. This will make the tours more enjoyable for you and will not overcrowd the labs.
• Automobiles and regular-size vans can be accommodated in either the Paint Branch Visitors Parking Lot (closest) or the Regent's Drive Parking Garage. Visit our directions page for more information. There is no free parking on campus, so be prepared to pay parking fees.
• If you are planning to arrive via a school bus, mini-bus or other large vehicle, you will need to call the university's transportation department in advance and make arrangements for parking. Their number is 301-314-7275.
How to register
• Register only the adults in your group; do not register students. If you will be bringing more than one student (such as a school group), please email us and indicate the size of your group. Register here